23 Nov Male Infertility: Causes, Symptoms, and Methods of Treatment
Male infertility is one of the many important and concerning health topics discussed nowadays. It is a health condition in man, where a chance of making a woman pregnant is denied. But, what causes male infertility?
The causes of infertility can be found in both genders but most of the time it is found in men. So, here we are going into deep detail about what causes male infertility, its symptom, and how to treat it.
Causes of Infertility in Males and Females
Male infertility is a condition in men where the sperm of the male cannot reach the uterus of the female to start up the process of impregnation. Moreover, this can be caused due to several reasons.
Many people get confused about the types of infertility which are actually the causes. These causes lead to different conditions in individual men. Moreover, not only men but also female infertility cases are also a very important issue to be concerned about.
Therefore, your answer to what causes male infertility will be our next topic of importance.
Types of Male Infertility
As said, there are several medical or other reasons due to which male infertility is caused. Some of them are as follows-
- Varicocele- the reason behind this particular cause is unknown, nonetheless, it is a condition where the nerve swells that drains the testicles. It is the most problem faced by males which reduced the quality of sperms.
- Infection- infections in epididymis or testicles or due to certain sexual transmitting diseases, the production of healthy sperm lowers down. This lead to the blockage of the passway for sperms.
- Hormonal imbalances- this is another important reason for what causes male infertility. A hormonal change in the adrenal, thyroid, or hypothalamus gland can lead to the production of low testosterone.
- Chromosomal defect- this disorder is known as Klinefelter’s syndrome. Here, the male has two X chromosomes and one Y chromosome, instead of single X and Y chromosomes. Thus, this can lead to abnormal development of reproductive organs.
- Other reasons- some other reasons might be unhealthy habits like smoking/drinking, stressful lifestyle, certain therapies, or prior surgeries. Along with that, emotional stress, depression, and weight increment can cause low sperm production.
Additional Reading: Gynecology Pharmaceutical Companies
Causes of Female Infertility
Most of the causes of female infertility are because of-
- Ovulation disorders like PCOS, hypothalamic dysfunction, premature ovarian failure
- Tubal infertility (damage of fallopian tube)
- Cervical stenosis/ narrowing of the cervix
- Tumor in uterus
Generally, there are cases where the Causes of infertility in males and females, both can lead to problems in getting pregnant. Nevertheless, let’s study the symptoms that these types of causes can lead to.
What are the Signs of Infertility in Males?
The main sign of male infertility is its inability to get other women pregnant with a child. The symptoms of the disorder might be hard to identify, but the early symptoms that should be noticed are-
- Problems while sexual intercourse like ejaculation problem, erectile dysfunction, or reduce sexual desire
- Swelling in the testicle area
- Gynecomastia/ abnormal breast growth
- Other hormonal problems which can lead to loss of hair on the face or body
Thus, to understand better, the consultation of the doctor is a must.
Which Doctor to Consult for Male Infertility?
Thus, for a better understanding of whether these symptoms lead to male infertility or not, a doctor should be consulted. There are categories of doctors according to their specialty. Some of them are-
- Reproductive endocrinologists, who are a gynecologist which has additional training in solving male and female infertility problems
- Andrologist, who are urologists who have additional studies in solving male infertility
- Reproductive immunologist, who has the knowledge of immunology and reproductive medicines
Thus, if you have a question like, ‘my boyfriend is infertile. Can I still get pregnant?’, then you should consult these specialists near you.
Treatment of Male Infertility
Before directly jumping into the treatment, you must actually undergo a certain male infertility test. This will help in getting a clear picture of your problem.
Types of male infertility test involve-
- Semen analysis
- General physical examination
- Medical tests like transrectal ultrasound, post-ejaculation urinalysis, etc
- Scrotal ultrasound
- Testicular biopsy
- Genetic tests
Nonetheless, after testing the treatment which is best suited is LOQ-10, the best gynae medicine available in the market for solving male infertility. LOQ-10 by Aldan HealthCare (Top Infertility Products Manufacturer in India) improves the semen density, increases the sperm count, and provides motility to the sperm.
This is an excellent product by one of the renowned pharmaceutical company in India, Aldan HealthCare. Thus, its natural methods of making medicines for you have made it the most trusted brand for medicines today.
So, this was all about what causes male infertility and other issues related to it. Hopefully, you liked the blog and it solved your queries regarding the particular issues. Nonetheless, if still any doubt persisting on what causes male infertility do write us your problem in the comment box below. Or you can write to us with suggestions from your side also. That would be absolutely appreciable…