28 Nov Long Periods – Symptoms, Causes & Treatment in India
Typically, a period lasts around three to seven days. However, some females have a menstruation period longer than this, considered as a long period. In medical science, the term Menorrhagia is coined for it.
Menorrhagia is a condition of substantial cyclical menstrual bleeding happening over several consecutive cycles. Quantitatively, the complete menstrual blood loss is equivalent to or more than 80 ml per menstruation. According to Gynecologists & Gynecology Pharmaceutical Companies, around 30% of women complain of menorrhagia.
Here, we are sharing some facts corresponding to the long periods which you require to know. After reading the article, you would be able to understand the issue, its symptoms, complexity, and cure.
Long Periods (Menorrhagia)
Long periods often referred to as Menorrhagia is menstruation Period Longer than 10 Days. Females complain of it as heavy cyclical periods occurring over several regular cycles. Actually, this is a very common disorder in women occurring in very 1 out of 20 women.
The average menstrual cycle is of four to six days but during perimenopause, it doesn’t stop. Sometimes, you may not ovulate a couple of months, this prevents your ovaries to produces the required level of estrogen and progesterone.
Simply, the imbalance of hormones causes the uterine lining to become very thick. Hence, when you get your periods, you get a heavy blood flow for a longer period than usual. However, sometimes it has been seen that Period Longer than Usual but Light.
Moreover, Menorrhagia can even result in anemia if not treated properly. Also, the heavy periods can also disturb sleep patterns, raise lower abdominal pain and make daily activities burdens.
Symptoms of Menorrhagia
Signs and symptoms of long periods (menorrhagia) include:
- Changing pads or tampons every hour for several sequential hours
- Requiring to double up pads to prevent heavy blood flow
- Need to wake up at night to change pads or tampons
- Menstrual period lasting longer than 7 days
- Passing blood clots of size larger than a quarter or more
- Bleeding prevent you from participating in normal activities
- Continuous pain in lower abdominal area
- Symptoms of anemia including exhaustion, fatigue or shortness of breath
Causes of Menorrhagia Long Periods
There can be diverse causes behind long periods. Mainly, the reason lies in imbalanced hormone, uterine problems, or other illnesses. Other related causes include:
- Growths or tumors of the uterus that are not cancer
- Cervix Or Uterus Cancer
- Specific birth control types
- Presence of Fibroids or polyps in the covering or muscle of the womb
- Issues related to Pregnancy(miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy)
- disorders related to Bleeding
- diseases related to liver, kidney or thyroid
- infection in female reproductive organs
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Specific medicine including aspirin
- menopause transition (perimenopause)
Long Periods Treatment in India | Top Gynaecology Pharmaceutical Brands To Go For
Once you are diagnosed with the condition, it’s time to go for the treatment. Well, there is numerous medicine available to cure long heavy periods and Period Problems Blood Clots occurring during it. However, Myolife Plus, by Aldan Healthcare the Top Gynaecology Pharmaceutical Companies In India has been acknowledged as the best.
The Infertility Products Manufacturer in India has several effective supplements working for different fertility-related issues.
Myolife Plus – The Best Medicine for Long Periods
This supplement is the answer if you are thinking of ‘How To Solve Periods Problem?’ Actually, this is the best medication available to solve issues related to Irregular Periods Problem, long period or Menorrhagia.
Periods Problem after Marriage is very common; long periods are one of them. Well, the medicine by Aldan Healthcare, the best Gynaecology Pharma Company in India can be used for other purposes too.
Myolife Plus, a miracle hybrid product of Aldan Healthcare, can cure many diseases like:
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Hyperinsulinemia & Hyperandrogenemia
- Adjunct to Infertility Treatment
- Irregular cycle
- Gestational Diabetes
- Endometrial Cancer
- Disrupted Folliculogenesis
The dosage must be followed as per the recommendation of the medical practitioner. However, one tablet BID ensure normal functions of the ovary in the treatment of PCOS patient. Besides controlling symptoms in PCOS patients, medical practitioners can increase your dosages to 1 tablet TID.
Moreover, you can switch your diet by including healthy and nutritious food for improving your health condition. Hopefully, you enjoyed reading the blog and the info shared above helped you know more about the long periods.